At a time when streaming platforms are getting rid of free trials, Hulu stands out as a rare exception, still providing a Hulu free trial offer and a generous one. As the competition between streaming services intensifies, each looking to entice the viewers by offering an extensive content library, simultaneous watching, high-quality streaming, etc. Interestingly, the crucial factor for the average viewer—price and free trials—often takes a back seat. Recently, we’ve seen platforms like Disney and HBO Max slashing their free trial offerings, encouraging the audience to subscribe to the premium plans.
Hulu, not following the ongoing trend in the OTT industry, is still allowing viewers to sample out the content library and features, before committing to a monthly subscription. In this guide, we will discuss everything there is to know about the free trial, what’s included in it, and how to avail it. I will also outline the most cost-effective method to access the Hulu streaming service after your trial period concludes. Stay tuned.
- 1 Is There a Hulu Free Trial Available in 2024?
- 2 What’s Included in Hulu Free Trial?
- 3 How to Get Hulu Free Trial 30 Days?
- 4 How Much Does Hulu Cost After Free Trial Expires?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final Word
Is There a Hulu Free Trial Available in 2024?
If you are looking to watch Hulu for a month without spending a penny, you are in luck. Hulu is currently offering a free trial with two of its base plans (ad-supported and add-free) where you can enjoy a variety of content, including original TV series, popular classic feature films, Hulu Originals, kids shows, adventure programs, reality TV, and more.
Not long ago, Hulu offered a week of free trial for its Live TV plan, granting access to over 90 TV channels, unlimited DVR recording, and inclusive access to Disney+ and ESPN+. Unfortunately, there is no Hulu Live TV Free Trial available at the moment, but you can still access a sheer amount of content with a basic Hulu 30-day free trial.
What’s Included in Hulu Free Trial?
Here’s what you get with the free trial:
- Access to Hulu’s complete streaming library with thousands of episodes, movies, and other Hulu-exclusive content.
- Watch the latest episodes within 24 hours of broadcasting.
- Access Hulu streaming across your devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, smart TV, and more.
- Create up to 6 profiles, meaning six people will have independent access to Hulu.
- Stream on two screens simultaneously.
- Enjoy streaming without interruptions (with the ad-free plan).
- Download and watch your favorite titles on your supported devices and watch later (with the ad-free plan).
- You can cancel the free trial at any time, but remember, you will instantly lose access to the streaming service, regardless of how much time is left in the trial period.
- Watch rare movies, TV shows, and original series with premium add-ons, such as Max, CINEMAX, SHOWTIME, and STARZ.
How to Get Hulu Free Trial 30 Days?
It’s relatively easy to claim the free trial offer. Hulu offers two types of plans – Base plans and Disney+ Bundled super savers. Currently, there is no free trial available with bundled packs, and Live TV plans, so you will have to opt for the base plan (ad-supported or ad-free). Since you’re only looking to take advantage of the free trial, you might as well go with the ad-free plan and enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Open your web browser and go to https://signup.hulu.com/plans.
- Click on the SELECT button under Hulu (No Ads).
- Provide your email, birthday, and gender, and select a password. Click on Continue.
- Select your payment option, provide the credit/debit card details, and add your billing information.
- Click on Submit to finish the Hulu sign-up.
Once the payment is successful, your free trial will begin immediately, and you can start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows. Please keep in mind that if you try to switch plans during the free trial, you will be immediately charged. Also, don’t forget to cancel the subscription before the next billing cycle to avoid charges.
If you are having issues with the registration or payment, you can contact Hulu Care at +1-866-566-8721, or +1-888-907-0345.
How Much Does Hulu Cost After Free Trial Expires?
I am sure you are wondering what’s the cheapest way to watch Hulu streaming after the trial period ends. One option is to register for a new account using a different device (where you haven’t used Hulu before), along with a fresh email address and an alternative payment method.
You can also use third-party communication providers and take advantage of the promotional offers, providing a Hulu free trial.
Here are the current Hulu plans and prices:
|$7.99/month (Free trial)
|$17.99/month (Free trial)
|Hulu + Live TV
|$76.99/month (No free trial)
|Disney Bundle Duo Basic
|$9.99/month (No free trial)
|Disney Bundle Trio Basic
|$14.99/month (No free trial)
|Disney Bundle Trio Premium
|$24.99/month (No free trial)
Another way to enjoy Hulu streaming at a minimum cost is by claiming the ongoing student discount. Students enrolled in a Title IV accredited college or university can purchase the Hulu ad-supported plan for just $1.99/month. The offer is applicable for both new and existing customers, and all you have to do is verify your enrollment status and enjoy a 75% discount on the basic Hulu plan.
To claim the Hulu student discount, click here.
1. Why am I not eligible for a Hulu free trial?
The only reason you can’t get a Hulu free trial is if you have previously used Hulu on the same device or with the same email ID. The trial offer is exclusively for new subscribers.
2. Can I get a Hulu free trial without a credit card?
No. You must provide credit card details as a payment method to claim the free trial offer.
3. How to cancel the Hulu free trial?
To terminate the free trial, go to https://www.hulu.com/ and navigate to Account ➡ Manage Subscriptions ➡ Cancel Your Subscription.
4. How to get Hulu free trial of Amazon Prime?
Go to https://www.primevideo.com/ navigate to Account & Settings ➡ Channels and search for Hulu. Click on Start Your Free Trial to claim the offer.
Don’t wait any longer and take advantage of Hulu’s free trial before it becomes a thing of the past, just like offers on other streaming platforms. Although two plans offer a free trial, naturally, it’s smarter to opt for the ad-free plan, where you get two additional benefits – uninterrupted streaming and the option to download your favorite content and watch offline.
So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe to Hulu today and start binge-watching your favorite TV shows and movies.
I’m Elena Finley, a writer and English Literature student with a heart full of wanderlust and words. Singing is my escape, and football is my thrill. I’m an explorer at heart, constantly seeking new horizons and experiences. My love for movies is as vast as my desire to travel, leading me to write blogs where I share my cinematic adventures. Every day is an adventure and I’m excited to see where it takes me!