Disney Plus, in the last four years, has given stiff competition to industry leaders like Netflix and HBO, however, when it comes to free trial, the company has aligned with the ongoing trend. Yes, you got it right, Disney+ has stopped welcoming new customers with a complimentary trial period. The platform was among the first ones to pull the trigger, stepping away from free trials in 2020, relying instead on its content volume to entice the viewers.
Disney Plus free trials met the same fate in countries like Canada, Australia, and France, and currently, if you want to watch Walt Disney studio’s content anywhere in the world, you must pay for it first.
So, moving into 2024, Is there A Disney Plus Free Trial available somehow? And if not, what are the alternate ways to watch the streaming without breaking the budget? Let’s discuss it further.
- 1 Can You Get A 7-day free trial of Disney Plus?
- 2 How Can I Use Disney Plus Free?
- 3 How Much Does Disney Plus Cost?
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Final Word
Can You Get A 7-day free trial of Disney Plus?
If you are looking for a straightforward method to sign up for the Disney Plus free trial, you are out of luck. Merely six months after the launch, the company slashed its 7-day free trial offer as part of a strategic move to expand its customer base. The company puts confidence in its content strength rather than conventional marketing tactics, and rightly so, given that most of the Disney+ exclusive content is not available elsewhere on the internet.
Also, the platform has opted for a different strategy, making its ad-supported plan more affordable ($7.99/month), and adding premium features like 4K playback with HDR and Dolby Vision support, multi-device simultaneous streaming, and up to seven user profiles.
We understand that none of these features can match the pleasure of a free trial, the zero-dollar commitment, but as of now, there is no direct way to claim such an offer. The last known free trial was offered in Japan, allowing viewers to access the streaming service for a month, which too was discontinued in 2021.
The return of Disney Plus free trial is not completely out of the picture, and you might still catch a lightning deal during Black Friday or Christmas sale, but the chances are very slim.
How Can I Use Disney Plus Free?
Thankfully, there are still some workarounds you can try to earn a free Disney Plus trial, or at the very least, at a substantial subscription discount. Let’s explore these options:
1. Disney Plus Free Trial 6 Months with Verizon Fios Home Internet
If you are a Verizon Fios internet user, you can get free access to Disney Plus at no additional cost. The company currently features a sensational Mix and Match offer, where subscribers can get either 6 or 12 months of ad-free Disney+ Premium with an eligible Fios Home Internet plan.
Here are the offer details:
- Fios subscribers on 2 Gig Streaming or 2 Gig complete package plans are eligible for 12 months of Disney+ Premium.
- Subscribers on the 1 Gig Streaming or 1 Gig complete package plan are eligible for 6 months of Disney+ Premium.
- Subscribers must be 18 years of age or above to claim this offer.
- Only one offer can be redeemed for an eligible Verizon account.
- Business accounts do not qualify for this promotional offer.
- Following the offer period, you will be charged as per then-current Disney+ pricing ($13.99/month now).
To know more about Fios Mix and Match offer, click here.
2. Disney Plus Bundle With Selected Verizon Mobile Plans
Verizon telecommunications customers have a fantastic opportunity to get a free or discounted Disney Plus bundle (originally priced at $18.99/month), where they can stream Disney+ (no ads), Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+ (with ads). The offers are applicable for selected mobile plans, the details of which are as follows:
- Verizon subscribers who have 5G Get More or 5G Play More plans on their accounts can get the Disney+ Bundle at no additional cost. (Both plans have been discontinued, and only existing subscribers can apply for this offer)
- Subscribers on Unlimited Ultimate, Unlimited Plus, or Unlimited Welcome plans can get the Disney+ bundle at a monthly cost of $10.99.
- Only 1 Disney+ Bundle subscription is allowed per Verizon account.
- Prepaid and Business accounts are not eligible for the Disney+ Bundle offer.
- If you are a beneficiary of the Verizon Disney+ offer, you can upgrade to Disney+ Bundle for just $5/month. The subscription will last till your original Disney promotion.
To learn more about the Disney+ Bundle offer, click here.
3. Get Discount Codes from Third-Party Websites
The last option is to hunt for Disney Plus free trial codes on the internet. There are numerous third-party platforms and Disney+ partners offering discount codes and promotional offers that can help you save some money on your monthly Disney+ bill. Although the chances are low to find a reliable and active deal, it’s still worth trying. You can check out some prominent websites such as Forbes, RetailMeNot, Groupon, USA Today coupons, PCWorld, and more.
How Much Does Disney Plus Cost?
As of January 2024, the Disney+ pricing structure is as follows:
|Disney+ Basic (With Ads)
|Disney+ Premium (Without Ads)
|Disney+ Duo Bundle (Basic)
|Disney+ Trio Bundle (Basic)
|Disney+ Trio (Premium)
1. Is there any Disney Plus free trial on Amazon Prime?
Currently, Disney+ is not available through Amazon Prime, as the two are separate streaming platforms.
2. Is Disney Plus free with Hulu?
No, Disney+ is not free with Hulu, however, you can get an affordable Hulu + Disney combo pack at $9.99/month and Hulu + Disney + ESPN at $14.99/month.
3. How to get a Disney Plus student discount?
Unfortunately, Disney+ is not offering any direct student discount. You can check out third-party websites to find a good discount on monthly plans.
4. What is the cheapest Disney Plus plan?
The cheapest Disney+ plan costs $7.99/month, allowing you to stream entire Disney+ content with ads.
Unfortunately, a direct Disney Plus free trial is out of reach in 2024, but you can try to cut down the monthly subscription cost by using the methods outlined in this guide. Please keep in mind that all the discounts and promotional offers discussed here are subjected to change or may vary depending on your location. For the most up-to-date information on plans and offerings, please visit the official Disney+ and partners’ websites.
I’m Elena Finley, a writer and English Literature student with a heart full of wanderlust and words. Singing is my escape, and football is my thrill. I’m an explorer at heart, constantly seeking new horizons and experiences. My love for movies is as vast as my desire to travel, leading me to write blogs where I share my cinematic adventures. Every day is an adventure and I’m excited to see where it takes me!